If you follow me on twitter, you may have noticed last week that I tweeted about the release of the BASELWORLD smart phone application. This innovative app completely redefines the watch fair experience. Using a 3D navigation system, the interactive map assists with orientation of the show grounds and allows access to the 1800 exhibitors. A broad variety of information is also available with this app, including visitor information, a complete list of exhibitors with company descriptions, product pictures and contact details. Users will also receive a selection of news and articles from the current issue of The Daily News every day.
Other features include:
– Search, browse and locate participants on the 3D map
– Search exhibitors via index of products or brands
– Explore show design
– Access to the media centre
– Synchronized exhibitor contact data to address-book
– Ability to email exhibitors from within the application
– Access to useful information regarding your stay at the show
This application is free and extremely informative regardless of whether you are attending BASELWORLD 2011. If you have a smart phone or an iPad, I definitely recommend you check it out!
I cannot wait to this year’s new releases starting next week!